Let’s tell our legislators to prioritize wildlife, people, & the planet in 2023!
On Tuesday, February 7th, come join the Coalition, Tucson Audubon Society, and over 20 other organizations for Environmental Day at the Capitol 2023! Click on this link to register for the day’s events, and click on this link to reserve a seat on our bus to Phoenix.
This annual Environmental Lobby Day, organized by the Sierra Club, will include information tables, speakers, and meetings with legislators. No previous advocacy experience needed – just your presence and your passion for the environment!
That said, if you want to hone your advocacy skills and learn more about the issues, Sierra Club is providing a great series of Zoom webinars: a Legislative Session Overview focused on Water, Climate, and Democracy tomorrow (Thursday, January 18th), a volunteer lobbying training on Thursday, January 26th, plus deeper dives into individual policy issues (topics & dates to be announced soon).
ABOUT THE BUS: We have chartered a bus for the day so we can show up in strength as a community—and limit our carbon emissions! If you’re interested in riding with us, please email Tucson Audubon Society’s Community Organizing Coordinator, isaiah kortright, at firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out this Google Form.
The bus will depart from The Historic Y at 738 N. 5th Ave. (MAP)
- 6:00 am: Meet at the Y for coffee and morning refreshments, final logistics, and boarding the bus
- 6:30 am: Depart for Phoenix
- 8:30 am – 3:00 pm: Make our voices heard at the Legislature!
- 3:15 pm: Depart for Tucson
- 5:00-5:30 pm (depending on traffic): Arrive back in Tucson
- If you’re joining us on the bus, you still need to register for lobbying here.
The safety of our community is our top priority, so we will be requiring face masks on the bus and strongly recommending them while at the Capitol. We will have extra face masks available.
- Click on this link to register for the day’s events.
- Fill out this Google form and email email@example.com to register for the bus from Tucson.
Together, let’s make sure the Legislature knows what we want them to do to address water, climate, and democracy issues in 2023!